TalentBank is looking for a Sales Consultant based in Shanghai, on behalf of a well-known company in the field of Entertainment.
Role: Sales Consultant
A new opportunity for a talented salesperson preferably with experience of theme park and entertainment products and attractions. This role is for someone based in China as part of a very strong audio-visual integration systems company developing relationships with key clients throughout China and chasing projects from concept through to completion.
- Business development and sales for all regions of China.
- Presentations and meetings with clients following up on sales enquiries.
- Proactively develop new relationships with potential clients and track new projects.
- Contact management.
- Working with the General Manager and sales team of to follow through on proposals and quotations.
- Hold key commercial negotiations and discussions and work with the global team on
- Work with industry partners and suppliers.
- Several years of professional commercial sales experience in a design or technical orientated company or within an end-user organisation.
- A good understanding of integrated multi-media technology and/or a good understanding and experience of attraction design or rides.
- Technical education (University in Electronics, Engineering, Business, Commercial)
- Good business skills (Education or background in business administration would be an advantage).
- Exceptional IT skills (MS-Office)
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English, with regards to customer communications and negotiations as well as spoken and written Chinese.
- Outgoing personality with highly developed communication and organisational skills
- High-level professionalism and strong service and customer orientation
- Strong negotiation skills and power of persuasion
- Highly developed team orientation and strong leadership qualities
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to work independently
- Personal flexibility and willingness to travel
- Commitment, motivation and enthusiasm.
This is a unique role for an individual who wants to be part of a team predominantly working in Theme Parks and Entertainment. The role will include client management and coordination from the very first enquiry, right through to detailed technical design and preparation of budgets and proposals with the sales team. The projects will vary in value from €2M to €20M and you will be part of a diverse and highly skilled team.
This role requires extensive knowledge of the Entertainment or attraction business, good industry contacts worldwide and an awareness of the creative flare needed to design large attractions.
The ideal candidate would be:
- Eager to travel throughout China but ideally based in or near Shanghai.
- Degree level qualification in engineering or a related technical field or a business or
commercial qualification, with at least 5 years business experience.
- Ideally sound practical experience media technology or entertainment attractions and media
Extensive knowledge about the industry, organised and wishing to make their mark as part of an extensive team.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Excellent communication skills and comfortable at senior level client meetings.
Essential organisation skills and flexible with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure.